St. Joseph Church
THE GENIUS OF CATHOLICISM
Mother of Hope Camp
Looking for a fun and healthy activity for your children this summer? Look no further! Mother of Hope Camp has provided safe, fun and activity-filled summers to thousands of children for more than 60 years! Children ages 5 through 12 are invited to register for this day camp located on the shores of beautiful Echo Lake in Chepachet. Bus transportation right at Immaculate Conception Church, Westerly and St. Joseph Church, Hope Valley to and from camp during the week of July 28 through August 1st is included. Traditional summer camp activities such as swimming, sports [including archery for older campers], arts and crafts, prayer, Mass, making friends, and so much more are available to Mother of Hope campers. The camp opens Monday, June 23 and runs through Friday, August 15. Please visit www.motherofhopecamp.com for all the details and NEW ON LINE REGISTRATION. You may also call 401.568.3580.
Mass TimesWeekend Masses
Saturday 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am
Sunday 10:30 am
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:00 am
Wed: 7:00 pm
Readings for the Week of July 20, 2014
- Sunday: Wis 12:13, 16-19 / Rom 8:26-27 / Mt 13:24-43 or 13:24-30
- Monday: Mi 6:1-4, 6-8 / Mt 12:38-42
- Tuesday: Mi 7:14-15, 18-20 / Jn 20:1-2, 11-18
- Wednesday: Jer 1:1, 4-10 / Mt 13:1-9
- Thursday: Jer 2:1-3, 7-8, 12-13 / Mt 13:10-17
- Friday: 2 Cor 4:7-15 / Mt 20:20-28
- Saturday: Jer 7:1-11 / Mt 13:24-30
- Next Sunday: 1 Kgs 3:5, 7-12 / Rom 8:28-30 / Mt 13:44-52 or 13:44-46
8:30 am-2:30 pm
PARISH PICNIC! Sunday, August 24th after the 10:30 am Mass. Tickets go on sale after Masses the weekend of July 26/27. $5 per person or $15 per family. Join us for food, music, games and more!
COFFEE HOUR AND BOOK EXCHANGE: Sunday, July 20th after the 10:30 am Mass. Join us for coffee, goodies, and fellowship! Bring a book to exchange or just take one from our "library."
CAR WASH! The Car Wash was a great success! Thank you to Trinity Melendez, Andrew Hurst and a gentleman who has a special heart for helping the Knight's, Sal Neri. The Knights raised $330.00 that will go towards helping others in our own area.
THE NEXT ST. VINCENT DE PAUL MINISTRY COLLECTION JAR: Will be available for donations the weekend of July 26/27th All money goes to those in our immediate area.
THE NEXT FOOD COLLECTION THE WEEKEND: The next food collection will be the weekend of Aug 2/3rd. All donations go to those in our immediate area.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION: Monday, August 4th, 9-11AM: Come join us in silent prayer before the Eucharist.
INTERVIEW with actor Jim Caveziel who played Jesus in the Passion of the Christ.
AUTHOR AND SPEAKER MATTHEW KELLY talks about why we need to go to CONFESSION...and he has a great explanation!
IF YOU LIKE THIS...Check out MORE of Matthew Kelly on youtube.com or dynamiccatholic.com
FISHING 4 HOPE VILLAGE, HAITI
For our Church History, click on "History" above in the menu bar
- Rev. Michael Leckie, Pastor
- Rev. Mr. Ronald Preuhs, Deacon
- Mrs. Joanne Hodes, Director of Religious Education
- Gina Toriello, Secretary/Bookkeeper
- Mr. Edward Manlove, Parish Council President
- Mrs. Cecelia Richard, Music Ministry
- Ms. Georgette Labreche, Music Ministry
- Mrs. Michela Champlin, Children's Choir Leader
- Mr. Mike Perras, Knights of Columbus, Grand Knight
- Mrs. Bette Ottaviano, Rosary Altar Society, President
- Mr. Bruce Olean, St. Vincent de Paul, President
- Mr. Sal Neri, Upper Room, Facilitator
- Mrs. Kiki Latimer, Upper Room Facilitator, Tuesday evenings