Welcome to St. Joseph Church!
Each Friday during Lent beginning on March 14th at 6:00 pm.
On Good Friday, April 18th Stations of the Cross will begin after the Ecumenical Way of the Cross on Main Street which will begin at 3:00 pm.
Engaging in the Stations is a way of meditating upon the chief scenes of Christ's suffering and death.
Stations of the Cross (or Way of the Cross) refers to a series of artistic representations, often sculptural, depicting Christ Carrying the Cross to his crucifixion. The tradition of moving around the Stations to commemorate the Passion of Christ began with St. Francis of Assisi and extended throughout the Roman Catholic Church in the medieval period. It is most commonly done during Lent, especially on Good Friday.
Mass TimesWeekend Masses
Saturday 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am
Sunday 10:30 am
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri: 8:00 am
Wed: 7:00 pm
Ash Wednesday, March 5, 2014
Masses are at 9:00 am and 7:00 pm
8:30 am-2:30 pm
- Rev. Michael Leckie, Pastor
- Rev. Mr. Ronald Preuhs, Deacon
- Mrs. Joanne Hodes, Director of Religious Education
- Gina Toriello, Secretary/Bookkeeper
- Mr. Edward Manlove, Parish Council President
- Mrs. Cecelia Richard, Music Ministry
- Ms. Georgette Labreche, Music Ministry
- Mrs. Michela Champlin, Children's Choir Leader
- Mr. William Haberek, Knights of Columbus, Grand Knight
- Mrs. Bette Ottaviano, Rosary Altar Society, President
- Mr. Bruce Olean, St. Vincent de Paul, President
- Mr. Sal Neri, Upper Room, Facilitator
- Mrs. Kiki Latimer, Upper Room Facilitator, Tuesday evenings
Readings for the Week of March 2, 2014
- Sunday: Is 49:14-15 / 1 Cor 4:1-5 / Mt 6:24-34
- Monday: 1 Pt 1:3-9 / Mk 10:17-27
- Tuesday: 1 Pt 1:10-16 / Mk 10:28-31
- Wednesday: Jl 2:12-18 / 2 Cor 5:20--6:2 / Mt 6:1-6, 16-18
- Thursday: Dt 30:15-20 / Lk 9:22-25
- Friday: Is 58:1-9a / Mt 9:14-15
- Saturday: Is 58:9b-14 / Lk 5:27-32
- Next Sunday: Gn 2:7-9; 3:1-7 / Rom 5:12-19 or 5:12, 17-19 / Mt 4:1-11